“Everything about my experience was wonderful! The staff at Martin Dental are amazing and caring and gentle. I was able to share my experience with friends to encourage them to do their services. The environment is clean comfortable and clean. Dr. Martin takes his time explains, questions and does the best service for you and your situation. I cannot wait to go back!!” Mary B.
New Dental Savings Plan
The SmileMore Dental Savings Plan provides affordable dental care for Martin Dental patients.Start Saving Today!
Although it might seem like a simple task, brushing your teeth is a very important part of your oral hygiene routine. Most of us have been brushing our teeth since we were children. The best way to ensure good results from a brushing routine is to have good technique.
Brushing is one of the best ways to remove plaque. Plaque, after a period of time, can start to erode the enamel on a tooth. When this decay becomes deep enough, a cavity forms. Brushing helps to continuously remove plaque from the surface of teeth.
The recommended technique for brushing includes…
- You should hold your toothbrush at a 45-degree angle to your teeth.
- Sweep the toothbrush back and forth against the outer side of your teeth (in a circular motion).
- Begin by cleaning the outside of the top row of teeth, once completed, move to the outside of the bottom row of teeth.
- Return to the inside of the top row of teeth. Once completed, move to the inside of the bottom row of teeth.
- Don’t forget to gently brush your tongue.
The amount of time spent brushing is just as important as having correct technique. You should brush at least 2x per day, preferably after meals. Each of these brushing sessions should last for at least 2 minutes.
Brushing is only one piece of a healthy oral hygiene routine. It is equally important to floss and