“Thank you for providing me with all the tools I needed to get to the dentist after a traumatic experience. I had no choice but to go in because of broken teeth that caused so much pain. They were so good, kind, understanding and AWESOME!! 2 teeth removed and no trauma for me! In fact I was so relaxed that I did not feel all the other aches and pains in my body. All this with no happy gas... who knew! My fear is gone! Thank you!!” Pam N.
Toothpaste is a common product
According to the American Dental Association (ADA) (See their article here), these are the ingredients in most toothpaste brands…
- Mild Abrasives: This ingredient is added to remove debris and surface stains. Some examples include calcium carbonate, dehydrated silica gels, phosphate
and silicates salts
- Fluoride: Used to help strengthen tooth enamel and prevent tooth decay
- Humectants: Added to prevent water loss
- Flavoring Agents: An additive to give toothpaste a more pleasant flavor
- Binders: What gives toothpaste its “paste-like” or “gel-like” consistency
- Detergents: This is what causes toothpaste to foam and helps with cleansing
If you need a toothpaste with a specific function…
Whitening toothpaste: Typically contains special enzymes and strong abrasives to help remove stains.
For Sensitive Teeth: Toothpaste for sensitive teeth typically contains potassium nitrate or strontium chloride. These chemicals
The best way to ensure you are getting a toothpaste with the right fit for your dental needs is by looking for the ADA Seal. This seal will also ensure that your toothpaste has met the safety and effectiveness standards set by the American Dental Association.
Brushing twice daily is only one part of a good oral health plan, don’t forget to get regular checkups! Contact Dr. Martin today to schedule your bi-annual teeth cleaning and dental exam in Eau Claire.